My journey from teenager to the person I thought I would be by now.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Way Back Home
I have washed the east coast out of my hair, and am ready to embark on the next step of my journey. There are some regrets but not the ones, one might think. I have learned some valuable lessons and have a new appreciation for home. I have made decisions all on my own and have hurt some people in the process I am sure, but am equally hurt. Going back to the place of my birth I know that this is my home and I will say that it feels so good, to finally feel home. It is a feeling I had lost for sometime. Now I know for definite she has my heart and separation is not possible lest I find myself with a void so large it does engulf the world. Dramatic as it may sound my experience only proved that I am loved and that I never have to look to far to find people who will support me. This is so after school special I know, yet I can't help but feel so wonderfully optimistic. The Beatles were right despite what anyone else says despite my fears about survival, love is truly all one needs. Without it people are just walking ATMs looking for the next deposit. I found my way back home.
*Look Forward* I will take care of business but definitely will stop to just appreciate my loved ones. Worrying is just a waste of time and truly being in the moment is my next goal. Hopefully hiking and climbing will help me in that area. That last exit is the last time I run. No more running, no more leaving, unless she is with me and we are eloping :)
I am newly twenty and the past year has shown me that in order to become the person I thought I would be by now I have to make some changes in my outlook and lifestyle.
No comments:
Post a Comment