My journey from teenager to the person I thought I would be by now.



Sunday, August 2, 2009

You say foodie, like its a bad word or Back to the food



Today I became overwhelmed with emotion watching "The Next Food Network Star" I know it sounds stupid and maybe sounds like it's just that time of the month, but believe me it's not. The contestants had to feed a dinner party of culinary greats. Watching this I felt extremely bad for them, there is no way at my skill level would I ever be able to do that, talk about frightening. Then all of a sudden as this woman was explaining why she loved cooking, it hit me like a brick.
I LOVE FOOD!
It goes beyond that though, I love the technique, the style, the feeling you get when your mouth fills with explosive wonderful flavor. There is just so much more there, than I can explain. As I stated before I was gonna become a chef and perhaps it was so very obvious to everyone around exactly to what degree I loved food, for some reason I was not seeing it. Until today of course when I wept while watching this show, a show I have not watched at all till tonight mind you. So it had nothing to do with the people in the competition, only the passion in which they cooked with. I know many people are so sick and tired of me changing career goals but this whole time I have been dishonest with myself. I let something that a parent said to me eight years ago influence what I thought of my cooking. One lousy pan seared string bean dish changed what I thought I could achieve. Silly huh? well I am back to believing that the world is open to me as long as I put forth the effort as long as I will run the race. I guess now its back to the food.

*Look Forward*
Six years ago I gave up on my dreams. My dreams to go to the art institute in Los Angeles, to study at Le Cordon Bleu in France. Now although I won't go across the ocean I will learn the most I can from where ever I may end up. In the next few years to oh the rest of my life I plan on creating my own culinary style, the thing that says to everyone this was created by Anita. I plan to become a very good chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment